- Enter list of drama titles into column A.
- Enter list of number of episodes watched per drama into column B.
- Enter list of number of total episodes per drama into column C.
- To perform calculations with columns B and C, enter “=B1/C1” into the cell F1 or the function bar). The calculation for B1/C1 should appear in cell F1. Hover your mouse over the bottom right corner of cell F1 until the mouse icon turns into a cross. Drag the cross icon till you reach the bottom of the column. This should apply the function to all the entries in the column.
- Select column B, right click the selected area, and choose “insert” from the context menu. A new column will appear.
- Select and copy column F1. Paste special “values” into the new column B.
- Select column B and click sort from largest to smallest. The sort dialog box will prompt you to expand your selection. Then sort by column B, largest to smallest.
- If you wish, you may change the decimals/mixed numbers into percentages. You can also adjust the number of decimal places shown.
Inserting a Table into WordPress
You can use Windows Live Writer, a free program, to create a table which you can post/paste into WordPress directly or by html source code. When pasting data from Excel into a table, make sure you choose “paste cells” or alternatively, highlight the table cells where you wish to import the Excel data. You can also create a table in MS Word to copy and paste into WordPress. This blog’s theme has unattractive HTML/CSS tables so I simply made a screen shot of the table I created in MS Word.